Monday, March 8, 2010

Loving Great Friends

Ever since I was a little kid I could always recall having friends around to get me in and out of trouble. I’m still friends with some of them to this day. Every hunting season we would get together, hang out, shoot some ducks/deer/dove/quail and throw a few back(ok more than a few whatever).In particular this one friend, we would go hunting for two or three days but by the end of the trip we were at each others throat. I mean come on we hung out since we were kids, we went to same high school, partied together, got into fights together heck I was in his wedding(I was not the wedding bouncer btw). I look back and think what started every time. What I did what he did and it would begin with we would always take his boat; of course he was the captain. Coming from someone that doesn’t take drunk barking orders very well (me) and someone that always has to have his way no matter what happens. Like almost always coming real close to capsizing the boat or someone would exceed there limit or someone would get lost and neglect reason/a frigin compass or someone had a business to run/had to take calls in the duck blind etc… (so everyone knows none of these were me except the last one and my sense of direction in the country and on the water is spot on) Needless to say, this past year was the second year we didn’t hunt together. We still have drinks and talk about the good times (like when he got us in trouble for looking at dirty magazines all him by the way) as a matter a fact, we brought in the New Year together with other friends. I would still take a bullet for this guy as big of pain in the ass he is!

Other friends I have now are close and dear to my heart one friend in particular. I always tried to look out for him and other friends in college. I remember we were back in cc and his girlfriend’s ex was giving them both a hard time. My friend wasn’t scared but I could tell he was nervous. I had to delegate and defuse the situation (good times). Whenever there is a good deal on anything and he knows what want/ed, I always got a call or email. Now he and his wife always invite me for dinner (I’m not saying no, because she is a great cook/baker) and they let me hang out. Also I get to kind of watch them, see how a loving couple should act (my parents divorced at a young age, there was no yelling or violence but I didn’t see the love part these two have) and I get to learn from their mistakes (bring on the single ladies!) I always jump at the chance to help them out because they always help me out when/however they can.

Other close friends I have lost were my grandfather and a friend named Charles. Both taught me great life lessons. My grandfather taught me the fundamentals of business, life in the outdoors on a ranch/in a deer blind/and on a boat and you have to enjoy what you do! Charles on the other hand taught me a lot about women and living life to the fullest (funny how the people that are almost always happy die young. I guess God wants to fill heaven with happy people so the sad people coming in will have someone to laugh with.)

New close friends have helped me to see the light! I wish they were here ten years ago but then again I was at a different part of my life and city for that matter…

What I have learned (among other things, like if I ever want to get married and be happy at the same time is to learn to take orders.) the other thing is that God loves us! He doesn’t put evil in your way. He can’t, it’s not possible for Him. The close friends that God has put in front of me have made me who I am today and for that I’m happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment