Sunday, March 21, 2010

Swag


The thing about getting something for free is, it’s free I know, surprise surprise. At the recent 2010 sxsw I went to, I got forty one t-shirts, five water bottles, four bags, sixteen pins, five writing pens, four packs of cigaweeds, two pouches of smoking tobacco, two towels, six baseball caps, rolling papers,(I don’t know why the caps or tobacco or rolling papers I don’t wear caps or smoke) a tattoo sleeve that I have tricked my mom and brother with( I have been disowned by my mom and now I’m a bigger hero to brother) I have lost count on how many monster energy drinks, protein energy bars and stickers I have received. I you ever see a guy at B&N with a bunch of stickers with one @chocov sticker on his laptop that’s me. A few people I know have been asking me for tips on swag. (I even got an invite for a tech conference in June).So here’s a few tips! The thing about swag is, it’s free people just ask for it! Don’t be a beggar, no one likes a beggar. Be very nice,(like patrick swayze said in the movie roadhouse…the only thing is that there will not be a time for you not to be nice). Listen to what any and everyone has to say. Who knows you just might need the product they are trying to sell you. Treat everyone with respect and dignity this isn’t boyz in the hood or prison. Treat them like you would want to be treated it’s in the bible. Keep a great attitude. If someone says no, it’s OK. It will be alright you didn’t want to be advertizing their product in the first place. If they say no and you really want a yes, come back later and talk to someone else in that booth. Kind of like what you did with your parents. Last but not least if they don’t have your size don’t worry about it take one anyways give it to your mom or dad or brother or sister someone. What might happen is that person will see you the next day and a new shipment may have come in with your correct size. If you were nice and pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment